14 Dec Set Your Goals! Take The Leap! Turning Your Dreams into Reality
“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there” The key point in Lewis Carroll’s quote is, move forward! It doesn’t matter, which route you take as long as you make the first move and keep moving because a goal without a deadline is just a dream.
Whether you’re looking to set a goal to change your work or life environment, giving your goal a structure can help you focus on the steps needed to move forward. The more steps you take, the greater the momentum and feeling of achievement that you’re getting closer to your goal.
If you’re struggling to make a start and aren’t sure how to move forward, then try answering the following questions (we recommend writing your answers down).
Where are you now?
- What’s your current situation?
- What’s going well and what needs to improve/change?
- What has previously triggered a change in your life?
- Why do you want this change?
Before moving to the next section, take a few minutes to review what you’ve written before moving on.
Where do you want to go?
- If there were no barriers, what would you be doing now?
- What’s stopping you from reaching your goal?
- How much do you want this goal?
Again, spend a few moments reflecting on your answers before moving on to the last section.
How are you going to get there?
- What are your options?
- Who can support you in your life, is there someone who can act as a mentor or motivator?
- What skills do you have that can help you in moving towards your goal?
- When do you need to achieve your goal?
Coaching can help people to realise their full potential and reach their dream, by clearing the path of barriers and helping the client to unlock their own resources.
“Instead of worrying about failure imagine what you miss out on by deciding to not even try” – Unknown